One day while I was on Pinterest I came a cross this recipe. It called for 3 shakes of cinnamon plus in the batter which is a Pamper Chef Seasoning. I didn’t have any so I decided to to use some of my Spark Naturals Essential Oil. I knew that Sheild had cinnamon and clove in it and would be perfect for this recipe. I put in a couple of drops and then made a waffle and tasted it and decided that it needed more. The taste was slightly there but good.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 drops of Spark Naturals Sheild essential oil
- For the churro topping-
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Also at this time you can combine your churro topping and set it aside. Preheat waffle iron
- 2.In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, coconut oil and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; then mix in the Shield essential oil.
- 3. At this time you can also melt your 1/2 cup of butter used to pour over waffles. Next generously spray your waffle iron with no stick cooking spray. Than ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Once fully cooked immediately dip both sides of your waffle in the melted butter and then in the cinnamon and sugar.
Disclaimer: Some of the links contained in this article are affiliate links. This means that (at no extra cost to you) I may receive a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase from the affiliate. I only recommend products and services that I know or trust to be of high quality, whether an affiliate relationship is in place or not.