This is one of my favorite recipes to make in the fall. It is really easy but it looks like you spent hours on it because of the layers.
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin, divided
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ cup caramel topping
- ½ cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 2 (9 in.) round cake pans. Beat cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs, and 1 tsp. of the pumpkin spice in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Pour evenly into prepared pans. Bake 20 to 22 min. or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Add powdered sugar, remaining pumpkin, and ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice. Mix well. Stir in whipped topping.
- Remove cooled cake layers from pans; cut each layer horizontally in half with a serrated knife. Stack the layers on a serving plate, spread the cream cheese mixture between the layers. Do not frost the top layer. Drizzle with caramel topping and pecans. Store in the refrigerator.
Disclaimer: Some of the links contained in this article are affiliate links. This means that (at no extra cost to you) I may receive a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase from the affiliate. I only recommend products and services that I know or trust to be of high quality, whether an affiliate relationship is in place or not.