I tried two new recipes this week and they were a hit. The first one was Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice. At first Brad would not even touch it because it had broccoli in it. He sat down to the table and said “I hate broccoli” but by the time dinner was over I had him saying “I like broccoli”
Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
1 14oz can cream of chicken soup
1 14 oz can cheddar soup
1 14 oz can chicken broth
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning (I used Emeril’s brand)
¼ teaspoon garlic salt seasoning (Lawrys)
1 Cup sour cream
6 Cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed, just fork tender ( I cook it in boiling water for 3-4 minutes)
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place soups, chicken broth, salt, Cajun and garlic seasoning into a crockpot over low heat. Whisk until smooth. Place chicken in, pressing to the bottom. Cover lid and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
2. When chicken is cooked, use 2 forks to shred into bite size pieces. Stir in sour cream and broccoli.
3. Serve over steamed rice and sprinkle with cheese.
I justed used garlic salt because I didn’t have any Cajun.
More of her recipes here: http://pickypalate.blogspot.com/
Tonight we had Heavenly Hamburger Casserole. Boy was it heavenly lol . I got this recipe from my MIL. About a year ago I was looking for some new recipes and ask her if she had any well she gave me this one and I didn’t try it until now.
The kids really liked it too.
Victoria is eating with her hands little stinker.
- 1 lb. ground beef(I use ground turkey)
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce*
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 c sour cream
- 1 cup chopped onions (I didn't use onions)
- 1 lb. egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 lb. shredded Mozzarella (I used cheddar cheese)
- Brown ground beef. Add tomato sauce, garlic, and salt; simmer for 30 minutes.
- While that simmers, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and onions. Also boil noodles.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In prepared pan layer 1/3 of sauce, 1/2 noodles, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, 1/2 Mozzarella cheese, cover with 1/3 more sauce, remaining noodles, cream cheese, Mozzarella cheese and sauce. (I layered it noodles, cheese mixture, sauce, cheese. The noodles weren't crunchy our anything)
- Bake at 350 degrees covered for 30 minutes.
- *30 oz. spaghetti sauce may be substituted for garlic, salt and tomato sauce. I think I might do this next time.
BTW David thought I was really weird taking pictures of my dinner.
I just have to add something that Victoria said the other day. I had bought some bagels mostly for David to eat in the mornings but it turns out that the kids like them more. So one evening she comes to me with the tub of cream cheese “can I have this on one of those doughnuts?”
Disclaimer: Some of the links contained in this article are affiliate links. This means that (at no extra cost to you) I may receive a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase from the affiliate. I only recommend products and services that I know or trust to be of high quality, whether an affiliate relationship is in place or not.